- You are here: Home > Corporate Accountant (EJA/616/04)
You are here
Corporate Accountant (EJA/616/04)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The corporate accountant will be responsible for all accounting duties for a portfolio of corporate client’s including preparation of accounting and maintain proper books of accounts on the relevant accounting systems;
- Preparation of accounting schedule and maintenance of the accounting file;
- Maintaining proper books of accounts on the relevant accounting systems;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts and at such frequency as required by clients;
- Working on complex accounting issues with limited assistance of senior staff;
- Preparation of accounts under IFRS format;
- Review of simple management accounts and statutory financial statements;
- Prepare audit timetable and agree same with all concerned parties;
- Be heavily involved in the audit process;
- Ensure financial statements are audited and filed with FSC within statutory deadline;
- Filing, scanning of statutory accounts and returns and updating of information on relevant system;
- Ensure compliance with SSAE 16 requirements;
- Preparation of reports for survey;
- Liaise with clients, auditors and other parties;
- Preparation and filings of VAT, NPS, PAYE and TDS returns;
- Gather information and draft reply to queries from MRA from compliance perspective.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in financial services and/or in administration of global business companies.
- Degree Holder in relevant field or Partly Qualified ACCA.
- Have previous experience in global business sector.
- Have an understanding of accounting & audit issues and tax compliance matters.
- Knowledge of Mauritius corporate, financial services, securities, AML/CFT and taxation laws, and Mauritius double taxation avoidance agreements.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and a keen eye for details.
- Have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
A position with one of the leading Corporate and Fund Administration companies in Europe and beyond. Focus on personal development is an important part of our company culture. And of course, creating a positive work atmosphere remains paramount.
Working with SGG means working in a professional, dynamic and international working environment. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Please express your interest and enthusiasm by clicking the ‘Apply with’ button, or by forwarding your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always reply to your application and we thrive to reply to you within three weeks after having received your application.