- You are here: Home > SQL Database Developer & Reporting Services specialist
You are here
SQL Database Developer & Reporting Services specialist
At SGG Luxembourg, we are searching for a SQL Database Developer & Reporting Services Specialist in the 'Change Projects' department
1. Main Duties and Requirements:
- Database Developer
- Good knowledge database design and implementation
- Experience in Database Development and Administration in Ms SQL Server
- Good knowledge in T-SQL (store procedures, functions etc..) and SSIS
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- Knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Experience using SSAS would be advantageous. Reporting Services
- Work closely with internal customers analyzing problems and to create and maintain reports, maintaining SSRS Reports and ad-hoc SQL scripts.
- SQL Report Developer will work across enterprise database systems.
- Assist users in creating report specifications
- Designs report options and/or database queries to meet the needs of the organization.
- Writing custom reports, SQL Scripts, Advance Searches and queries.
- Maintaining internal SSRS Reports and ad-hoc SQL scripts.
- Performing and maintaining data extracts and imports
- Collaborate with software engineers on data structures, data access layer and data contracts implementation.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and business owners to test and verify reporting solutions to ensure quality and accuracy
2. Education & Training/Qualifications:
- Two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Written and spoken French & English. Other languages (particularly Dutch) would be advantageous.
- Experience gained within a Corporate and Fund services would certainly be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills allowing proposing solutions to business constraints.
- Accuracy, attention to details and constant focus on quality;
- Equally able to communicate with both business and technical departments;
- Understanding of the project life-cycle;
- Knowledge in ASP.Net and/or Web technologies is an asset
- Experience of working with a structured project environment.